About Me

My photo
Borgholm, Öland, Sweden
I'm Malin, a 26 year old freelance artist, illustrator and silly person in general. I'm currently aiming to finish my Bachelor's degree in Art History. My biggest passion in life is art and I work mostly in traditional mediums. In 2006 I studied Asian Art at Hawaii Pacific University, along with jewelry design and ceramics at Honolulu Academy of Arts. After that I went to art school in France at Paris American Academy and since 2008 I've been back in Sweden, studying Art History, design, literature etc. I've also been teaching acrylic painting at Studieförbundet Vuxenskolan in Kalmar for a few years as well as at SV in Borgholm. At the moment I'm living with my fiance in Belgium and we are eagerly planning to move to Sweden. I do commissions and a lot of the pieces shown in the gallery are for sale so don't hesitate to contact me about prices etc.

Thursday 24 January 2013

Elfs, metal and a fear of the dark

One of my five younger brothers (two by bond of blood, three by bond of heart) is going to Japan to study for a semester and won't be back for months. I was working on a painting he had ordered of Galadriel and The Witch-king of Angmar but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish it before tonight (since he's leaving early tomorrow this would be my last chance of seeing him). Fortunately, after a few long nights at the easel, I managed to finish it yesterday and present it to him earlier tonight. A lot of love went into that painting I can tell you. The full version can be seen in the gallery but here's a little sneak peek:




I did a smaller painting the other day, Fear of the Dark and that can also be seen in the gallery, as well as the commissioned piece I Can See Your Halo (see picture below).